ABOUT THE ROLE
Our purpose at Soar is to enable ethical finance in the Credit Union sector and beyond. We do this by giving Credit Unions the tools to drive engagement with their members and lighten the load with operational efficiencies. We are passionate about providing an excellent service to our customers and building industry leading software.
As a Fintech start up in the heart of Glasgow’s creative quarter, Soar is poised to disrupt the market with innovative solutions using the latest and greatest technology.
If you want to be part of a dynamic team, working together to build a digital solution which is transforming engagement in the ethical finance sector and shaping the future of the industry, get in touch!
As a Digital Designer at Soar, you will be working at the core of the business not only driving our product forward by designing industry leading visuals and user experience, but by helping our marketing and sales team engage with our customers contributing to the sales and growth of our products.
Day to day you will be
- Working with our customers, our partners, sales and product teams to help develop our road map.
- Working as part of an Agile development team providing innovative solutions in a large scale multi tenant system serving thousands of users.
- Identify opportunities to improve user experience through customer research, work with our product team to prioritise, design the solution and own the quality of the delivery with the development team.
- Create wireframes, mockups and prototypes, test them rapidly with a variety of methods, and provide a final recommendation for debate with the team.
- Working with our marketing and sales teams to help shape and grow our brand.
- Creating a range of assets for our marketing team and helping them reach our customers nationally.
How to stand out from the crowd
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for technology.
- Experience in designing consumer mobile and/or internally facing web applications.
- Understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs.
- Make beautiful visuals but put user experience and functionality at the forefront of all your decisions.
- Have empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints and business goals
- Experience in creating excellent, reusable assets under direction and in collaboration with a marketing team.
- Solid experience using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and XD.
- Experience using Sketch, Principle and InVision.
- The Bar! Use of the on-premise November 21 bar and discounted Tuck Shop.
- 9/75 – Get every 2nd Friday as a half day
- Flexibility – Have child care commitments or can’t get an out of hours appointment for the dentist? No problem – we can be flexible with you.
- Keep learning! Individual training budget to expand your learning or to attend conferences and events.
- The right tools for the job – work with a new Macbook Pro. We also refresh our hardware every 2 years so you always have good kit to work with.
- Generous leave – 30 days annual leave and an additional 3 days to take the Christmas holidays off.
- Have a lie in – Duvet day for your birthday!
- Get involved – Opportunities to get out of the office as a team and plan out the next stages of our road map so everyone has a say in Soar’s next steps.
- Stay healthy – On the last Thursday of every month we offer fun activities to promote health and well being.
- Keep in the loop – We hold knowledge sharing sessions for the whole team so you can learn about what everyone else it up to and keep up to date with all areas of the business.
- Give back – We get involved with charity events and sponsoring ethical events and projects to give back to the community.
- Have fun – We have regular team nights out, and enjoy going out for a meal and some drinks to unwind and have fun.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: £23k – £28k